Everyone periodically has split ends and it's important to properly care for and style your hairs and hair ends.
What to do if you have split ends? Honestly, there's only one real solution to this. But to truly manage your ends, you need a daily hair care routine that prevents further breakage and helps hide any split ends between cuts.
How to prevent split ends
1. Moisturize and nourish your hair regularly. The more hair strands are nourished, the more they are protected against the effects of the external environment and will be more resistant to breakage. This is helped by shampoos with a conditioning and regenerating composition, nourishing hair masks and hair oils.
2. Start combing the hair with the tangled ends and then gradually start combing higher until the hair is easily combed from the hair roots to the hair ends.
3. Avoid tight "ponytails". A tight elastic can stress the delicate strands of hair, causing it to split and break. Walk around with your hair down whenever you can, or clip it back with bobby pins or soft, silky hair bands. After som time you will notice less split ends.
4. Protects your hair from heat. Exposing fragile hair to hot temperatures strips the hair of its natural oils and puts it at risk of split ends and breakage.
How to disguise split ends
1. Apply hair styling and heat protecting serums, creams or a natural hair growth oil to wet hair. Apply it to freshly washed, damp strands and ends where split ends, dry or damaged hair are the most, before natural drying or blow-drying and then enjoy a silky shine.
2. Use hair oil to smooth out split ends. Once the hair is dry, use the oil to nourish the ends and mask split ends. It should be used after straightening the hair. Use hair oils that are designed for coarse or extremely dry hair and that contain nourishing and healing oils such as unrefined avocado oil or a mixture of various nourishing oils. You only need to apply a small amount of oil to add shine to tired ends. Apply and squeeze a few drops of oil in the palms of your hands and massage them into the strands of your hair. If your hair is thin or fine, choose light oils.
3. If the hair is too airy, use a light hairspray and gently smooth it with the rest of the hair strands with a comb.
How to get rid of split ends
There is only one way to really get rid of split ends and that is to cut them off. If the hair is more damaged and split throughout the length of the hair, then consider shorter and trendy cuts. If you need to cut only the very ends, then just smooth them. If you repeat such a small trimming procedure every 4-6 weeks, then you will be able to say goodbye to split ends!